Successful candidate will take part in helping to lead a team of software engineers through the design, programming, testing and implementation of highly innovative solutions and enhancements to support our internal software solutions. We require the highest level of integrity and commitment to excellence. Candidates should be independent, self-motivated and highly analytical, with a proven record of teamwork and dependability. An individual who is resourceful and energetic with an innovative nature that demands excellence will excel in our environment. This position is an opportunity to leverage your creative abilities to provide solutions to complex, challenging problems.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Assists in developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts.
• Liaison with business stakeholders and translate business requirements into software project implementations.
• Validate project team deliverable to ensure they meet the project requirements and are aligned with company standards.
• Monitor and control the project by working closely with stakeholders and projects teams for meeting the project timeline.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
BS Degree or four (4) years minimum experience web development and/or database design
Familiarity with at least one of the following: MS SQL, MySQL, and/or Oracle
Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with both external and internal facing clients
Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
Thorough understanding and history working in Agile software development methodology
Use of source control systems (Subversion, etc)
Use of software project management platforms (JIRA, etc)
Experience/Knowledge in the Background Screening industry
Salary Range/Job Type:
Based on Experience
Full Time Position, no telecommuting options or relocation assistance will be provided
Health & Dental
401K Program Participation
1 Week of Paid Vacation 1st Year
Flexible work schedule
Edge is a national provider of background information to business of all sizes that has been in the industry for over 20 years. Edge has been helping to ensure that employers can count on receiving the right information to make the right hiring decisions. Edge uses proprietary, in-house developed software systems and solutions to manage customer information which provides Edge a unique ability to constantly change and adapt to both customer needs as well as the rapidly changing landscape of the background screening industry. Edge is based out of Melbourne, FL on the east central coast, within an hour's drive of all the great central Florida attractions.