You are a highly experienced and skilled full-stack software engineer, with the ability to produce client-ready applications with minimal oversight, built using established design patterns and high quality, self-documenting code. You work effectively on your own or as part of a team, providing accurate estimates, meeting deadlines, and contributing to the success of a business.
You enjoy learning and implementing new technologies and are always on the lookout for improvements to performance and user experience, but are also aware of the risks of premature optimisation and refactoring for its own sake. You test your code thoroughly, using both manual and automated testing approaches.
- Strong object-oriented CFML experience.
- Strong experience with test automation (eg: unit testing).
- Strong experience maintaining and building on existing legacy applications.
- Strong experience designing and developing new web applications/web services.
- Thorough knowledge of design principles such as MVC, SOLID and a good understanding of common design patterns.
- Experience with CFWheels.
- Experience with TDD practices.
- Familiarity with Dockerised development environments.
- Experience with or exposure to Kotlin for server-side development.
- Experience with another language over and above CFML for application development.
- Preparedness to learn Kotlin on the job if no previous experience.
- Familiarity with Agile principles, and experience delivering value in an Agile fashion.
See linked job description for full details.