ColdFusion Developer (with automotive passion!).
This is a full-time position in our Columbia, MD office.
It is great to work for an organization that is based on passion and helping people enjoy life! As our saying goes, "It's not just the cars, it's the people!" Although the membership of PCA is large, our staff is relatively small at 20 people. It is small enough that every person makes a big impact, and we are just big enough to work together to have flexibility and balance in our lives.
Most work is during business hours, although occasionally an evening or weekend may be required.
The person in this role will:
- Develop and implement web applications, application databases, and interactive web interfaces.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers and devices.
- Optimize website performance, scalability, and server-side code and processes.
- May develop website infrastructure and integrate websites with other computer applications.
Staff member will also utilize technology to assist the marketing program and increase member acquisition and retention rates.
- Write supporting code for Web applications, Websites and microsites.
- Design, build, and maintain Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Develop databases that support Web applications and Web sites.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Perform or direct Website updates.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
- Respond to user email inquiries.
- Renew domain name registrations.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Communicate with network personnel or Web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting Web sites.
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
- Establish appropriate server directory trees.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing Web site revision.
- Provide clear, detailed descriptions of Web site specifications, such as product features, activities, software, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Assist in developing a membership retention process.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- 3+ years of experience as a Web Developer/Software Engineer/Computer Programmer.
- Well-versed in ColdFusion.
- Good knowledge of MySQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; proficient with Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical staff and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and to complete a high volume of work with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to find and fix any errors in programs, systems and software.
- Willingness to work independently or with a team.
- Analytical skills when creating computer code.
- Attention to detail.
- Technology-oriented bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ColdFusion (8.0 or higher).
- Must be located in Baltimore-Washington metro area and work.
TO APPLY: Please provide a RESUME and COVER LETTER.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered complete.
Apply Here - https://porscheclubofamerica.betterteam.com/coldfusion-developer