Critical Impact is a subsidiary of Jonas Software. It's cutting-edge technology and marketing expertise simplify the Marketer's quest for effective email marketing. We help businesses, member-based organizations, and educational institutions connect with their customers, members, and students in a far more impactful way than traditional e-marketing affords. Applying Critical Impact's innovative e-marketing technology, it's simple to deliver rich, dynamic newsletters, marketing messages, and surveys that provide the impact you're looking for.
Our Mission is to make membership-based organizations more successful by reliably and consistently delivering practical, technology-driven, business solutions enhanced by great service. We achieve this by recruiting, developing and retaining a great group of highly motivated and hard-working team members.
ColdFusion Development Team Lead
You would provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of 3 to 5 developers, and would help facilitate the team to maintain and build out new capabilities and/or systems in a manner such that they drive efficiency of execution while solving for scale, resilience, reliability at the same time. You would work with the CTO to prioritize initiatives, while still being hands on in development.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the daily activity of a 3 to 5 person team to ensure all developers have clear guidance, are productive, and software is written in a way that is consistent with our best practices
- Review code changes, updates, bug fixes, and new functionality before it is published to our live SaaS application
- Help R&D team members with complex problems related to code, design, database, and overall system performance
- Ensure the R&D team has appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and long-term architectural vision
- Help troubleshoot real-time issues with our live SaaS application and ensure stability, performance, and availability
- Focusing on the delivery of business requirements but willing an able to pitch in and help write and refine requirements as needed.
- Using a proactive Project Management approach, effectively support multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Continually invest in your self-learning as well as supporting and encouraging other's development.
- Understanding and acting as a true Servant Leader.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years experience developing ColdFusion applications
- 2+ years managing software development teams in Web or SaaS products
- Strong technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your developers
- Experience building and maintaining big data, high-performance, redundant, distributed systems
- Excellent ability to be "hands-on" with software development, understand the details of the system, and root cause of issues
- Proactive, detail-oriented, team leader with exceptional organizational, problem solving, time management and Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Solutions-oriented attitude, with a drive to contribute to team success, resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Ability to mentor and coach team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Manage the daily activities of the R&D team
- Provide programming/technical guidance/support to the R&D team
- Reviews code before it's published, to make sure proper security and standards are followed
- Sets attainable goals to team members in order for tasks to be finished on time
- Provides guidance to team members to encourage work productivity
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure the timely completion of tasks and projects
- Analyze software requirements
- Implement design plans
- Write / review unit tests
- Document software development
- Write, review and revise product requirements and specifications
- Help support and maintain the live SaaS application
- Participate in other areas of the software development and maintenance process
- ColdFusion, Lucee, CFML, ACF, CFScript
- MVC Framework
- Modified Agile Methodology
- IIS, Apache Web Server
- Windows 2016+ Server
- Centos 7.x, 8.x Server
- Github, SVN
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas' vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of 'Software for Life' and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent