At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are looking for a ColdFusion Developer to support the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). VAERS is a post-marketing surveillance system that monitors adverse events that occur after a vaccine has been administered.
The ideal ColdFusion developer will have experience in translating business requirements into web applications. Development would include integration with database systems, custom configuration of web interfaces and developing ad hoc software to extend system functions. Familiarity with .NET is a plus, but not required. We are looking for someone who is passionate about programming and eager to learn new technologies.
- Take technical requirements and make design suggestions for new software that clients will need
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Follows established client testing guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Works under general direction of the Team Lead on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises sound judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Ability to develop and architect new web applications and databases from the ground up as well as ability to learn, update, and improve existing applications, and systems.
- Willingness to handle complex application development tasks as well as routine site maintenance activities.
- Ability to work on numerous projects at once in a friendly but fast paced environment.
- Ability to work alone as well as willingness to share knowledge and ask questions when necessary.
- Ability to work directly with non-technical staff and department contacts to determine project requirements and goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of ColdFusion or Lucee experience
- 5+ years of professional full-stack development experience
- 5+ years of experience with MVC component based development
- 3+ years relevant experience building and supporting large-scale applications and services
- 3+ years of SQL experience including stored procedures
- Comfortable and experienced with multiple front-end and back-end technologies
- A strong foundation in computer science, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Top-notch troubleshooting skills and a diagnostic intuition to solve challenging problems
- Agile team player
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- US Citizenship is required
Desired Skills And Experience
- Familiarity with one or more popular ColdFusion frameworks such as Fusebox, ColdBox, or FW/1
- Willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic and technical knowledge, with the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
The likely salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours