Select Computing, Inc. (SCi) is a privately held full-service provider of information technology solutions. We have been catering to Fortune 1000 companies and Government Agencies around the United States since 1996. We are currently seeking an experienced ColdFusion Developer for an IBM mainframe conversion effort. The IBM mainframe system supports multiple financial applications that must be replatformed to SPARK Solaris systems running Oracle, Micro Focus COBOL, and Cold Fusion. Once the migration is complete, the services will transition to an operations and maintenance phase for the remainder of the period of performance.
- Interface with our internal team and clients to identify technical requirements for customer applications.
- Identify and manage project work structure, tasks, deliverables, milestones, and dependencies. Agile process experience a plus.
- Work with internal team to create plans, tasks, time estimates, and timelines for delivery.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable application components. DevOps experience a plus.
- Manage and organize project documentation.
- Ensure that all project work is reviewed and meets quality & accuracy requirements.
- Analyze project success vs. challenges to improve on processes to make each new project more successful than the last.
- Think different! Identify new ways to achieve our goals.
- Deep knowledge of ColdFusion programming language, in both CFTAG and CFSCRIPT format
- Familiarity with ColdFusion Components (CFC)
- Database programming capability in ANSI SQL and other popular SQL DB products (Oracle 12C+, MS SQL Server 2016+)
- jQuery library
- Code Repository (Git/SVN)
- Any CF MVC framework is a plus
- Good communication skill is a must
- 10+ years of overall career experience with CFML-based applications and systems.
- Deep expertise/experience troubleshooting CFML-based applications and systems.
- Deep expertise/experience tuning CFML-based applications and systems.
- Deep expertise/experience designing, configuring and maintaining hosting infrastructures for high-traffic, high-availability CFML-based applications.