Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We're 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we're expanding our footprint for exciting growth -- which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company -- it's a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career -- from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As a Junior Web Developer, working as part of our IT Team, you will be a part of the project team to create site layout/user interfaces using HTML/CSS, perform routine site maintenance, provide support to user base, and collaborate with the web team on a variety of projects.
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Perform routine site maintenance as needed
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
- Collaborate with web team on small to large projects
- Create software documentation and update existing documentation
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications
- Help support our user base with daily issues
- Help support our user base with applications usage and training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or 2+ years' experience in web development.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JSON
- Must be a self-starter with the desire to learn new technologies
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the following technologies and frameworks:
- Angular, Microsoft SQL Server, ColdFusion, or GIT
- Modern code editors such as Visual Studio Code
- RESTful API's
- SQL Server Management Studio or similar DMBS tools.
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay + bonus programs
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision (through Kaiser, Cigna and VSP) + FSA, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!