US Citizen. Must be clearable. A clearance or an inactive clearance preferred. Government agency experience required.
Developer (Flex, ColdFusion) position description:
We are seeking an Application Developer to join our team. The developer shall perform and/or support requirements definition, design and prototyping, implementation, unit testing, debugging, verification, deployment, and maintenance activities throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) for current and future software modules of a comprehensive web portal environment.
Please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define requirements, develop designs and prototypes, implement, unit test, debug, verify, deploy, and maintain application software
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for the developed/maintained functionality.
- Assist other developers, testers, and/or client stakeholders to understand relevant requirements.
- Perform configuration management tasks for in-scope projects.
- Support Adobe Flex and ColdFusion application development.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Computer science, information systems, or engineering fields of study preferred.
- Experience with ColdFusion version 9 and 10 development and maintenance
- Experience with Adobe Flex development and maintenance
- Experience converting ColdFusion applications into Java
- Superior software programming skills
- Experience recommending changes for improvements in web server configurations
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to manage projects supporting multiple organizations effectively
- Ability to synthesize, or combine facts and details from different sources into coherent narratives
- Ability to work under pressure (at times) and be extremely flexible under changing priorities
- Ability to identify innovative ways to solve problems
- ColdFusion versions 9 and 10 development experience
- Adobe Flex development experience
- VMware vSphere versions 5 through 5.5 experience
- Apache Tomcat experience
- Content management system (CMS) experience such as DRUPAL, Joomla, or Word Press
- Configuration Management experience such as Serena CM
- Windows 2008 Active Directory/XP/Win7 experience
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Relevant programming certifications preferred
- Excellent business and technical communication skills including the following: