IHS-Markit products have the world's most comprehensive, primary data assets across multiple industries. The Product IAM (Identity and Access management) access control platforms with modern security for identity, authentication and access control deployed through fully scaled and automated cloud services.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work as part of a project team to develop and deliver commercial software products for external use. Incumbents in this role have thorough knowledge of Adobe ColdFusion on Linux and a strong T-SQL skillset. A working knowledge of the Microsoft Development stack is also desirable. Incumbent has knowledge across a broad spectrum of programming languages and techniques and applies both existing and new technologies in developing solutions.
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test, and implement moderately complex software solutions.
- Foster inter-team cooperation as part of a project/program.
- Follow industry good coding practices to ensure high quality deliverables with minimal defects.
- Follow established testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout the development phase.
- Report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, and accept direction on corrective measures.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Operate as a developer in a mixed Adobe ColdFusion and .NET and development team for a highly technical infrastructure platform to provide common services across other business platforms.
- Assist in analyzing customer requirements and providing robust technical designs to drive software implementation.
- Support leadership in implementing best practices for software development around coding standards, patterns, and software development lifecycle and change management.
- Support and champion the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Collaborate with Development Leads, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and IT Leadership.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of Adobe ColdFusion in a Linux environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Good understanding on OOPS and Design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to engage self-guided analysis and problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For Information Please Click On The Following Links
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement