Position at Senior Market Sales
SMS is part of the Alliant family of companies. SMS is a full-service insurance marketing organization (IMO) dedicated to helping independent insurance agents leverage time, make more money, and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS has grown into one of the industry’s foremost IMOs with more than 320 employees and 65,000 independent agents under contract. With products and agents in all 50 states, SMS offers the industry’s most complete IMO experience. We support every facet of an agent’s business, from our comprehensive senior product portfolio to our technology, services, and marketing programs.
Social media link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/seniormarketsales/
If you are a mid to senior-level ColdFusion developer, Senior Market Sales, Inc. (SMS) is looking for you! A leader in the insurance marketing industry, SMS is a strong company with a great team atmosphere and a drive to leverage technology! At SMS, we are focused on the following:
- Culture – We strive to be a positive impact. We value a willingness to share in both successes and lessons learned. We are supportive of everyone being successful in what they say and do.
- Service Focused – We deliver great service no matter the customer. We want to go above and beyond to ensure successful delivery and support.
- Teamwork – We value clear, frequent, and transparent communication. A good teammate supports their other teammates and always provides and accepts feedback with the best of intentions. We are ALL-IN and focused on priorities.
- Innovation – We are eager to evolve personally and professionally and comfortable challenging the status quo!
If this describes you, then you have a home at SMS!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with ColdFusion and the ColdBox framework to enhance and improve SMS’ flagship application
- Working with a highly structured Restful API, and an Angular based front end
- Making immediate and impactful change to a fast-growing, dynamic organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, MIS or similar course area OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- ColdFusion (CFML)
- Restful APIs
- Preferred skills:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience creating database-driven web applications and e-commerce websites in a professional production environment preferred
- Experience in the Insurance industry considered beneficial
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
SMS offers a competitive wage and benefit package including:
- Health insurance*
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Basic life insurance, AD&D and short-term disability
- Voluntary life and long-term disability insurance
- Dental insurance*
- Vision insurance*
- Long-term care insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program including fresh fruit baskets and massage
- Paid holidays
*Available the first of the month following date of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.